Thursday, August 16, 2007

People + Email = Easy Spam Targets

So I'm doing my daily browse of RSS feeds and hit on the F-Secure one. Again, as many times in the past, I see warnings and analysis of the number of spam attacks. As I read the articles there is only one thought that comes to mind:

ARE PEOPLE REALLY THAT STUPID TO FALL FOR THESE THINGS!

I cannot believe the number of people that will open up and email that says something about receiving an ecard from an UNKNOWN individual! Then they proceed to click on the link within the email asking to download something first! Then they actually install said download! Check out the blog entry here.

One would think that if people would become less idiotic that maybe spam would decrease. No, it's the opposite. I think people are that hard up to "meet" new people and receive new things that it will only get worse.

Come on people. Get a clue and stop being so stupid!

No comments: